Taher & Associates
CONNECTING YOU WITH THE GCC COUNTRIES
Taher & Associates, LLC specializes in providing support to American companies seeking to extend the market for their unique products and services into the GCC countries.
Taher & Associates provides a spectrum of consulting services, including business strategy, marketing, exporting and foreign travel and acts as agent, distributor and trading company based on the special needs of its clientele.
What are the GCC countries?
The Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) is a regional, intergovernmental, political and economic union that consists of Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
What do the GCC countries have to offer you?
Since 1975, the GCC Countries have worked very hard to develop its economy, its culture and its society in a positive and constructive way. These developments brought a new world horizon to its topography. These ventures have enhanced the sophistication of its landmark to the world and especially to the United States of America.
The GCC Economic Departments are working with both the private and public sectors to bring about a change process that is uniquely linked to the task of making its region one of the most vibrant economies in the world. Our business ambitions are genuine so to bring economic health to the GCC marketplace.
The GCC history as a successful trading and business nation goes back more than 4,000 years, when many ancient societies lay at the heart of the world’s trade routes. On June 2, 1932 Bahrain was the first nation in the Gulf to discover oil. In the 1980s the GCC started to recognize the need to diversify its economy. Today, we are home to thriving businesses in financial services, in the downstream sector, in business support services, in tourism and in many other areas.
The GCC fast-growing economy attracts foreign investment:
- 100% foreign ownership for most categories of business.
- Highly favorable tax environment, with no corporate, personal, value-added or withholding tax in some regions.
- Sustained low rate of inflation of under 2%/year.
- No restriction on repatriation of capital, profits or dividends.
- Cost-efficient, trained and bilingual human capital.
- Full customs duty exemption on capital goods and goods destined for re-export, raw materials for manufacturing, semi-finished commodities imported for further processing, imports required for development projects, and initial import of capital goods by a manufacturing company.
- Modern high standard of living with a cosmopolitan family atmosphere.
- World class international airports and regional air traffic hubs.
- State of the art in latest Information Technologies.
- Sophisticated banking and financial services.
- Mature legal and administrative infrastructure.
The leaders of the GCC, its entrepreneurs and its people have most definitely put the GCC on top of the pedestal in the economical world. And due to the fine leadership of the late rulers, and under the current robust leadership, the GCC attained great successes at all developmental and social levels. A matter, which makes of it one of the best trade centers in the Middle East and the western part of the Indian Ocean.
Rashed Mohammed Taher
As a native of the Kingdom of Bahrain, I can assure you that you would be so impressed with the GCC’s hospitality, meekness and courteousness – recognition to our beloved tradition where we are famous for our kindness and generosity.
We welcome you to be part of this fascinating adventure while doing business in the GCC Countries.
Taher & Associates, LLC